Soils Limited currently have vacancies for Geo-Environmental Engineers and Geotechnical Engineers to join us in one of our UK office locations (flexible to suit the right candidate). The candidate will be directly responsible to one of the directors.
Soils Limited is an established geotechnical and geo-environmental consultancy whose clients include the public sector as well as commercial and residential developers. We are also active in both the renewables and rail sectors.
- Preparing geotechnical calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice;
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues;
- Gaining experience and proficiency in Soils Limited systems and procedures;
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, the companies H&S policy and relevant H&S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team;
- Building relationships with Clients on projects Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your Manager;
- BEng/BSc in Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering with a geotechnical bias preferably with a postgraduate degree.
- Relevant research / dissertation topic on geotechnical engineering or soil mechanics;
- 4+ years experience within the industry, with site and office based experience;
- Chartered or working toward chartership;
- Commitment to gaining / improving experience and skills in both technical and commercial areas and a desire to obtain professional qualifications;
- Good report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and motivation skills;
- Confident and outgoing individual a problem solver i.e. Can-do attitude;
- Team player and self-starter;
- Full UK driving license.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Robert Ainsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like an informal chat please call Rob on 02380 696456.
Please note that we are currently not recruiting for graduate positions (although this may follow) and therefore please only apply if you possess the skills and experience requested as a minimum.
Please; no agencies.